As Spool gets ready to celebrate our first holiday season as a new agency, we take stock in all that we have. And we are full of joy and gratitude. Truly.
We are grateful for our team, for our clients, for our health, our friendships and for the exciting future ahead. In three short months we've more than doubled the size of our agency, we've added amazing new clients and we are growing by the week. It's surreal and we can't wait to see what 2019 holds for this little agency that could. Thank you to all who have made Spool possible. Please know we appreciate your support, your partnership, your business, you belief in us- more than you know.
Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy, safe, joyful, delicious...okay, let's just settle for sane... holiday season. We can't wait to see everyone in the new year!
On behalf of everyone at Spool, in the spirit of carrying forward our gratitude to help others, we have donated to the following organizations who support women and children. We hope you'll take a look and learn more about these non-profits and the work they're doing to make a difference in the lives of so many.
Girls Play Sports:
In an age of sports specialization where kids are encouraged as early as age 7 to focus on one sport to have the best chance of earning a college scholarship, Girls Play Sports was created to provide girls with a chance to sample all sports and learn the fundamentals of each to make their own decisions about what they truly enjoy and want to continue playing.
Illinois Action for Children:
IAFC's work is to ensure that every child in Illinois — particularly those in need — have access to the resources to succeed in school and in life. Since its founding in 1969, Illinois Action for Children has worked to create systems of early care and education that help strengthen families and communities. Supporting children by supporting families is a proven and effective means to address overarching issues of endemic poverty.
WINGS provides a pathway to independence for adults and children who are escaping from domestic violence and abuse. Our goal is to provide the tools and support necessary to ensure that victims can escape their abusers and begin building new, violence-free lives.
Infant Welfare Society of Evanston:
Helping children and families thrive since 1913, IWSE is committed to the care and early education of infants and toddlers and to supporting their families' efforts to be self-sufficient providers and effective parents.
Your Holiday-ish Themed Five things:
1. It's the most wonderful time of the year...for holiday movies. Instead of linking to one of the many lists of top holiday movies, we're gonna leave this here and will defend it until the day we die.
2. If you have time to pick up a book and actually read the words within it during the holidays, may we suggest The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai, which is a beautiful parallel story of Chicago during the 1980s and then modern-day Paris. We don't want to give too much away, but it's a deeply beautiful story that will leave you wishing there's more when you finish it. It's on back-order through online stores, so visit your local book store (win, win).
3. One of Spool's new clients is a company called Vamonde, which touts itself as the Netflix platform for travelers. They're a new-ish startup, growing quickly and we're excited to work with them as they expand into new markets. Check'em out.
4. Carol's Pub is re-opening and we are equal parts elated and uneasy with this news. If you know about Carol's, we are guessing you may be in the same boat?
5. SALES-PITCH-ALERT: Did you know at Spool we don't just offer PR services? We work with clients on strategy sessions, branding, CRM, digital marketing, social ads, white papers, influencer engagement...to name a few. If you have any marketing needs, from a new website to a CRM platform, give us a shout so we can tell you how we could help!
And one final wish...